Sunday, June 27, 2010

Numb.

Mia - 17th May 2010 -

I stood in the middle of the green, empty meadow. The strong breeze blew my long hair back from covering my front face. I looked up to the high, blue sky that seemed darker in sorrow. There was water on the edge of my eyes, something that I couldn't taste. My small violin sprawled on the dry grasses beside me, untouched. My hands crumpled in fist on my side. The sweater I wore was too loose for me to clutch. There was nothing for me to hide my lost pride.

They whispered in the wind.
They stared from the cloud.
I covered my ears from the scream.
I shut my eyes from the glare.


Frightening as it might be, I couldn't help my self from opening my heart for it to be closed. I let the nature brought my feelings away, giving only my blood and me to hold onto. People kept saying that I would feel like the dead if I let my senses lost. Now that it happened, it did feels like that, like I was a fallen angel standing on invisible toes. My breathing stopped at the same time the lightning strike the ground leaving behind black memories. As sweet and tempting as it could be, the rains were as sharp as needles piercing on my skins. Something promised me that I left so many untold stories. And so I smiled between my living and my death, knowing this was the end.

Now I got to fly so high to my will,
I went this far to wait for this time,
You called this a nightmare and a thrill,
But I could only feel nothing but numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment