Sunday, June 27, 2010

He said : One day, they will...

Mia - 6th June 2010 -

"Shh..." He held me tightly to his chest.

Wrapping my limp body with his arms so warm and comfortable like the thick layer of blankets during those cold, rainy nights. His chin rested lightly just above my forehead, and his fingers caressed my hair softly. All that he did is the only safety I could ever find in this cruel world. If he was not there, I could bet every last drop of my blood that not even a single peaceful day could be found on Earth.

I heard the slow rhythm of his heartbeat. My arms locked behind him, hugging him as close as possible. Burying my wet face on his left shoulder, letting my hot tears stained his dark blue, old shirt. I was sobbing and sniffing, but there was no sound of me crying in that middle of the night. I did not want to look weak in his eyes, or everyone else. But I could not manage, I was weeping like a baby.

"Shh..." He let his thumbs dried my cheeks.

I did not look up, I shut my eyes tightly. Kept holding onto him. My heart was not stable, it felt like I wanted to hide my self away from the bright light and showed my self in the dark. Even the moon outside was too bright for me. I was slightly afraid of everything. How stupid of me. How dumb I was. But even then, I could not help my self to stop; I kept crying, I kept weeping, I kept hiding.

Until he spoke to me with such a perfect, soothing voices and some choices of words that only assured and confide me that he was right all along. His long sentences and advices that made me the better me.

"Shh... There is no need of crying, Emilia. You do know that this world, it is temporary. Which means nothing will last forever..."

He stopped for a second or two. Letting me absorbing his words.

"Blood. School. Friends. Lovers. Jobs. Titles. Murders. Greed. Politics. Exams. Life. They are not permanent. There is also nothing best in those. Nothing is best when nothing is forever. So do not take those things for granted. When you succeed, do not feel over satisfied. When you failed, then do not give up too. This is our rise and fall through life. No one is better than one. Nothing is lovelier than a thing. Nothing is weaker, no one is stronger. We are all the same. Do not we share the same round planet called Earth and breath in through days brighten up by the same orange sun, and lighten by the same silver moon light?"

I did not flinch. But I stopped sobbing and sniffing. Only my tears did not stop flowing.

"Every man must found his own destiny. And so do you. It is alright if you fail now. It does not matter if you do. It will be your proof during that one day, where you will be asked, of what you have done to search the true you. Failure is the only path to the success. And you should be happy now, dear, that you have failed now, during this temporary life. That means when life is forever, you will be success..."

My head spin all around from his wise words. He just made me realized about a lot of things.

"Do not cry Emilia... Failure means you success. I am proud of you, and your mother loves you so much. We are not angry when you fail like this. When you believe you have done the efforts, hard works and everything that is needed yet you still fail, then that is just a small test for you. Everyone will be passing through a situation like that sweetheart. You are not alone there. It will make you better, not the best. But you will be able to find your true self within. Do not cry, do not give up... Keep trying until you can find the answer..."

He smiled, I could feel it above me. My tears flowed even stronger like the waves of the ocean.

"And do not worry when people look down on you, Emilia. For one day, they will seek for you, and they will recognize you. They will see the hardships in you, ask you how you do it, and beg for you to tell them what was the secret lies behind your successions. And with a smile. You, my daughter, will answer them the same answer I would have given to everyone. That the secret lies in between our own self, that flows in between our blood and veins, heart and mind, eyes and lips, nose and ears, and that it is the only reason why we should find our own path. And no one has their path straight, every path is a curve towards the straight, endless secrets."

I was stunned, and speechless. My heart beat calmly while he caressed me again.

"Did you listen to me? Or were you asleep all along, Emilia?" He chuckled inwardly. I felt his vibration when he laughed. And from the dim of light, I saw my mother approaching us at the sofa. With a smile on her beautiful face and an expression that would bring me to my happiest moment of life.

My tears flowed even faster as I shut my eyes tightly. As there was darkness that closed me, I heard the slow dripping sound of the raindrop outside.

My head repeated every of his word. I was amazed of how much I remembered every single of it. It flows like the river inside of me.

And my heart whispered : I love you, dad. Thank you for simply being my father. You have just changed my paradigm of life....

No comments:

Post a Comment