Sunday, June 27, 2010

A gift in a gift

Mia - 9th June 2010 -

It is his day!

We stop breathlessly and flop ourselves on the old, colorless bench together. I giggle, tucking my hair behind my ears and toss my head back, shutting my eyes as I do so and smile towards the calming, blue skies. He grin casually, beads of sweats are still covering most of his forehead but he ignored them. Fanning himself with his shirt, he leans down on the bench, one leg folded up as the other one hang down loosely.

"Manage to win, didn`t I?" He says, grinning over at me as I open my eyes and stare at him.

"That was just a tiny running competition, lets try some marathon next time. Deal?" I wink.

"Deal," he winks back non-chalantly. We laugh out loudly for awhile.

The southern, little park is not as crowded as usual, there are just some people, who seems to be teenagers and less than old, talking to each other, wildly ignoring whatever is happening around. Probably the same with us, but it is important for me to see what is the surrounding like before I can do my plan.

Yes. I have a secret plan. And I am just about to reveal it.

"What are you thinking about?" Both his eyes are still looking over something in the distance when I looked at him.

"Aging. Lol." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh dear. Best not be, not a pleasant thing to think about, you know..."

"Well why dont you tell me what is pleasant?"

Its always like this. He is just a genius in twisting people minds with his words. He is also one of the best writer whose works I always adore. Poems or proses, he keeps on doing something with such a unique style of his own and tells us the message he wanted to tell. Likewise, now, he is probably just testing my knowledge. I mean, what is there so pleasant enough to think about right now? What should I say? And have I mention that he is an amazing writer? Well, he is.

"You know what.... I got something for you." I am suddenly impatient for my plan. He has this teasing smirk on his face when he turns to me.

"Yeah? Pleasure thing, or painful one?" He asks. Twisting minds again.

"I... Im not sure," I shrug, taking out my small, plain notebook from my bag, "for you." I smiled sincerely.

"Me?" He hesitates in taking the notebook from my hands.

I nod eagerly, smiling cheekily, "Read it."

He confusingly smirks again and glances at me before turning back towards the notebook and opening it slowly. The first page begin to come into view. And I hear his little gasping before he starts reading every words I scribble down in that notebook.

First page :

"Hey Tom Slogrove. Happy Birthday!"

Second page :

"Happy birthday Tom, I really wish youre having a day
A day that youll cherish and an age that youll remember
Remember it and the first time I met you on deviantART
DeviantART that gives me lucky chance to read your writing
Writing thats so unique, photography and drawing so beautiful
Beautiful just like how you adore the wonderful Lady Gaga
Gaga that keep inspiring you with vodka and cigarettes
Cigarettes during rainy days and those days you talk to me
Me agreeing with you most of the time just to tell you
You are an amazing, developing artist in my opinion
Opinion that I would like you to know it today
[Because] Today is the day, is not that what you say?"


Third page :

"I talk a lot, did not I?
Well. In Short : You are one amazing friend.
And Happy Birthday Tom!"


I grin widely at him as soon as he finished reading it.
Wishing silently he get what I am saying and he knows how cool Mr. Tom is!

No comments:

Post a Comment