Sunday, June 27, 2010

Memorable Birthday.

Written by : Mia Insomnia - November 29, 2009.

Take my hands,
Take my whole life too,
For I can't help falling in love with you.

I kept singing the same lyrics over and over again since the midnight of 5th of March. I could still recall every second of details that had happened right after my 12 o'clock alarm went off. It was a night to remember and there wasn't a tiny bit intention in me to try to ease the memories off my mind. Even for a single precious ticking hour. I smiled as the moment began to revise... It was as fresh as it was yesterday.

***

"KRING KRING!!!"

The alarm from my cellphone rang loud enough for me to wake up. I did. And I stretched out while still lying down. The bed squeaked under me, but I didn't make an attempt to stand or sit up. My eyes adjusted slowly in the dim light of my bedroom. I knew even before peering to my bedroom clock that it was twelve in the middle of the night. And to top it off, it was already the 5th of March. The seconds needle in my clock ticked by and told me to get up and be ready for the day. It was the early first hour of 5th March, and I was suddenly nervous.

I bit my lower lip, felt cold for once and let the blanket wrap tightly around me.

"Honey...?" I heard the soft whisper clearly beside my right ear. I closed my eyes tightly. I did not answer, but lay taking in the silence. I heard the soft breathing closed to my neck. I smelt the male strong cologne, and I loved it. Not sure if my senses were working, but I felt the long, warm fingers were cupping my face. Heating me. Making me red, purposely making me blush.

"Happy 20th Birthday," he said.

I bit my lip harder, held my blanket tighter. I didn't let my eyes open, though I was fighting it off. I didn't want to let the tears from my eyes fall like a waterfall in front of him. I didn't want him to think that he was making me sad, because truth was he didn't. But I could never let my natural way of being happy; which was having unstoppable tears while the smile was playing wildly on my face. I fought not to cry and struggled to breath easy.

And I felt his warm, full lips on mine. For a second. Or maybe half. Softly with a noise. I didn't know if he could already feel me trembling now.

"It's your special nigh, honey. And yet, here I am. Doing nothing but this... But you do know I love you so much," he whispered.

Without meaning to, I exhaled slowly. Loud enough for him to hear it. I opened my eyes, one by one second. Letting the precious moment come to me. With curiosity and affections at the same time, I began to lock my eyes with the person I had loved the most since five years back.

There he was. My hero, my one and only true lover. My knight and my embraces. He was my sword, yet he didn't let the sharp end cut me even for a slight. There he was, leaning to me on my bed. Wearing his full black suit and a red tie with loosened white shirt inside. The smart-cut, copper hair hang out loosely in front of him, the green, hypnotizing eyes and not to mention his tempting, red-lust lips. My heart beat quickly. My tears began to flow out uncontrollably. I didn't move even a bit to let a sob or sniff conquer me. I just laid there beneath him, watching him. Staring at him for the whole five minutes.

Nathaniel had been there with me for five whole years. Yet it seemed I had known him forever. We had been through a lot together and lately, things were rough between us. It wasn't that we had been through a lot of hard times because of our relationship, but the condition surround us didn't seem to support our bond. Sometimes, things were too busy for us to even be able to meet once a week. And to top it off, I hadn't meet him for a whole month due to some intolerable reasons. Nathan had to go to his work in Paris, leaving me behind in Southampton. It wasn't far, I knew. I could just withdraw all my money in the bank to book a ticket to Paris and hugged my way over to him. But nothing was even more ill-feeling and hurt than to be away with your loved one. I had lost my parents since two, and it was a different feeling because I was a kid. And this time... This time that I had grew up, it was a whole stabbed-deep-to-the-heart kind of thing. In addition, I was with him all these years, always together. Then suddenly... he just had to go.

And Nathan had just came home tonight. And tonight was my birthday. And tonight I let him to take the key to my bedroom. And tonight was the first time I let him to enter my room during the night. And tonight was the first time we had ever been in one bed together. I was nervous, I was pale, I was trembling. But I had been waiting for my whole life for this precious moment.

"Do I have to kiss you again to get you fully woke up, beautiful moon?" He cracked my favorite smile. I had to struggle not to crash my lips to him. So to answer him, I just shook my head defensively.

"Well, do something to me. I'm waiting..." he whispered again in the silence. Letting all his warmth inside me. I inhaled silently and let the seconds passed by for one to two.

Then, looking up at him, I let my lips to form a smile. His favorite smile.

"Thank you... Nathaniel Ricardo," I said. And without hesitating anymore, I took his hands from my cheeks and held it tightly to my heart. He was frozen for a second. And when I let him exhaled again, he smiled warmly. I saw his eyes stinging. His worried lines gone away fully from his beautiful eyebrows. I was happy to see his lit up face even in the darkness of my room.

It was as if I saw his halo around the room.

And before I realized it, Nathaniel was singing softly for me in the middle of the night. In the night where my birthday had just started, where our unforgettable moment had just came. He had just sang a momentum song for me to make the whole scene perfect.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too... For I can't help falling in love with you..." As soon as he finished the short, lovely song, his tilted his head and looked down right to me. Our hands were still tight holding to each other, and our gazes locked passionately.

"Th-th-that's beautiful, Nathan..." I stammered. He smiled again, but came a heavy sighed afterward.

"I had come. I had took your key. I had unlocked your door. I had climbed your bed. I had greet your birthday. I had kiss your lips. I had confess my feeling. And then all you was just taking my hand but still it was already persuading me to give all my life to you? You don't even need to kiss my lips back. You just took my hand and already my life is for yours. Now tell me, my love. What had you done to this weak soul?"

He was so focused, and so unreadable. And his words had let my tears even more stronger than the strongest wave. But he didn't wipe it away. Instead, holding on me tightly, he leaned down and planted his lips slightly at first on my cheek.

"Would you let this weak soul to penetrate to your life for like ever, my heart?" His whispered stung deep into my heart. Leaving beautiful temptation inside the cage rib. I was too stunned to say a word, but without wanting him to wait, I nod my head. Wishing he'd knew how much he meant to me.

And he did.

What happened next was out of our reach. Yet it was there. It was real. And there were only us both who knew and cherished the moment together. Since that night, it had become my most memorable night ever, not forgetting my unforgettable birthday gift. I loved him in the past, in the present and in the future.

Nathaniel had truly became half of me.

***

My beautiful daydreaming was suddenly disturbed as I felt safe and strong arms embracing me from behind. A peck planted on my cheek and I smelt the familiar, strong male scents. Smiling, I wrapped my hands around.

"Someone missed me?" I asked.

He nodded. Not saying a word, kept hugging me. Kept kissing me.

"Escaped from the meeting again?" I joked.

Nodded again. Still affectionately grazing my face.

"Not afraid of being fired?" I giggled.

Shaking this time. His hands moved up.

"So what about the promise you made to me then?"

For once, he let me go and turned me around. Looked at me with confusion. I pouted.

"You forgot?" I asked.

"What...?" He scratched his head. Looking childish. I gasped and punched his chest weakly.

"Nathan! You can't-" But Nathan cut me off by kissing me passionately on the lips. When he let me go, he was laughing hard. I blushed.

"Baby... I could never forget my promise. Not any promise that I made to you anyway," he smirked. "So... Where do you want to go to our honeymoon?"

By that time, I felt the song of Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love was becoming our faded song in the background. And our smile entwined together. I felt like flying off in the air. I felt like living in cloud number nine. But yet, I was that and more. More than anything else.

Take my hands,
Take my whole life too,
For I can't help falling in love with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment